Visual merchandising plays a critical role in a success in retail. It is a tool which can help us strengthen our brand and make the store look more attractive. One of the basic principles of VM is to systematically change the arrangement of commercial space.
Even small changes give the customers the feeling that it is worth to visit the store often, so as not to miss any news or special occasion. The rhythm of these changes is set by the calendar – it is worth to use the seasons, holidays and other special occasions to redecorate window display. One of such occasions is certainly a Valentine’s Day.
When designing a shop window, it is worth remembering that it should be a reflection of the brand. For example, balloons, which are fairly popular during Valentine’s Day, are quite a “cheap” way to impress the customer. It’s hard to imagine that the balloons will decorate the store, where customers buy watches for 2 000 dollars. Balloons are more for younger environments and demographics like kids stores.
Visual does not have to cost a fortune. It will also not always be necessary to hire a visual merchandising specialist. Sometimes you can use your own resources, inspired by arrangements found on social media sites like Instagram or Pinterest. We also give you some display ideas and present interesting arrangements found on the web.
1. Watches were already mentioned in the text – below we present a very clear way to display and emphasize them. A bit too much red color can overwhelm, but this idea leaves decent spacing between products as not to become crowded. Watches placed in red boxes are sure to catch your eye. (photo: mannequinmall.com)
2. The idea of Valentine’s Day is to target the heart and take chances for that great love you’ve been dreaming of. It is difficult to better visualize it than on the following decoration. (photo: mannequinmall.com)
3. Simple and effective. Photos help us to understand the situation and the right dress for this occasion. (photo: maricagigante.com)
4. The gray mannequins create a situation where products on the heart displays get all the attention. (photo: maricagigante.com)
5. A blue heart filled with sticky notes about things we love. Simple and unpretentious. (photo: zenmerchandiser.com)
We hope that our proposals will be inspiring for you. We wish you good ideas for the arrangement of window display, not only on the occasion of Valentine’s Day!
A Levi's outlet shop in Szczecin, Poland is one of the newest productions for this famous brand by Ergo Store prepared in the third quarter of 2020. The store's assortment includes iconic jeans for men and women.